Crispy Halloumi Bites with Hot Honey (5 min Prep time)
I love any quick appetiser recipe. Let's be honest, snacky food is the best food and any snack that takes under 5 minutes to prepare and less than 10 minutes to cook is an immediate winner. I used an air-fryer to cook these, so they were done in 8 minutes! Alternatively, you can oven-bake.
For two persons you will need:
- 1/2 a packet of Halloumi, cut into cubes
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp salt
- Any herbs of choice (optional)
- 1 egg
For the hot honey:
- 2 tbsps honey
- 2 tsps chilli flakes
1. In a bowl, mix your panko breadcrumbs, parmesan, paprika, garlic granules, salt and herbs of choice together.
2. In a separate bowl, beat one egg
3. Dip each cube into your egg and then into the panko mix
4. Place each on a lined baking tray, bake for 7-8 minutes at 180 degrees on each side. Alternatively, you can air-fry for approx. 8 minutes at 160 degrees until crisp and golden.
5. For the hot honey, mix together the chilli flakes and honey. Serve in a small dish. These also work great with Buffalo sauce (I recommend Frank's) or any Chilli sauce.