Tzatziki - the perfect yoghurt dip
This is creamy, light and delicious and in my experience a great side dip to serve to little ones with things like fish fingers, salmon cakes and chicken goujons.
You will need:
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh mint finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cups Greek yoghurt
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
1. With the skin on, finely chop or grate your cucumber
2. Add the cucumber to a strainer and add the salt on top. Mix well, and let the liquid from the cucumber drain out for 5-10 minutes. Wrap the cucumber in a tea towel and drain out the excess liquid
3. Finely chop the garlic and add to a bowl. In the same bowl add the cucumber, olive oil and fresh mint
4. Stir in the yoghurt and the black pepper (to taste)
5. Let the sauce sit in the fridge for 10 minutes before serving
This will keep for roughly 3 days in the fridge.