The Ultimate Fried Chicken (Low Carb & Keto)
Taken from the Delish site, this is a great little recipe to keep in handy whenever your craving a KFC but a slightly cleaner version. I am REALLY into my fried chicken so was skeptical that any home version could taste almost as good, until I came across this recipe. And it really is incredible.
You will need:
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts (you can do tenders if you prefer without bone)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 cup blended pork rind into a powder
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 205 degrees (400 F) and line a baking tray with baking paper
2. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and heavy cream
3. In another bowl, combine the almond flour, pork rinds, parmesan, garlic powder and paprika. Season with salt and pepper
4. One at a time, dip the chicken into the egg mixture and then the flour mixture, pressing to coat.
5. Place chicken on the baking sheet. Bake until golden for around 45 minutes.
Serve with a side of spicy-mayo and enjoy this seriously insane dish.