The Best Doughy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars (Vegan & Paleo)
This is another one of my favourite chocolatey/desert/cravings recipe from my favourite Rachel Mansfield. Her recipes never fail to turn out well, and that's coming from a super mediocre baker such as myself. They are with clean, whole ingredients and so they are perfect for the full family, little ones included.
You will need:
- 1 flax egg / egg replacer (alternatively you can use 1 egg at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup creamy nut butter (I used almond)
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (I used almond)
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (I use my favourite Ombar, dairy free and refined sugar free chocolate bars which I manually chop up)
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees (350 F) and grease a baking tin or loaf tin
2. Combine the flax egg, nut butter, sugar and milk. Whisk well until smooth
3. Add in the flour and baking powder. Mix until creamy
4. Fold in the chocolate chips. You can sprinkle a few on top for decoration also
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes
The texture should be very moist and gooey. Enjoy!