Healthy Homemade Nutella - The Stuff of Dreams
Who doesn't love a creamy, delicious, chocolatey nut butter spread to slather on cake, cookies, pancakes, toast, pretty much anything.
Here is a recipe that is super easy, quick and satisfies a chocolatey craving.
You will need:
- 2 cups hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder unsweetened or raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsps organic maple syrup
- 1/4 + 1/8 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1.5 tbsps vanilla extract
- 2 tsps avocado oil
- 1/2 cup oat milk
1. Roast the two cups of hazelnuts in the over at 180 degrees for 13 minutes. Be careful not to over roast, as this will effect the taste
2. Take out of the oven and once cooled, place the hazelnuts in between two tea towels and roll around until the skin naturally falls off
3. Add the skinless hazelnuts into your food processor and blitz
4. Add in your cacao powder, maple syrup, salt, vanilla extract, avocado oil, milk and blend until smooth
5. Taste - adjust the sweetness with more maple syrup if required