Healthy Chocolate Ice-Cream (Dairy & Refined Sugar Free)
Creamy, decadent, and insanely delicious - you are going to be making this for years to come! The trick to this recipe (posted by my favourite @wholesomehedonista) on Instagram, is getting the texture right, and I've found that with the below method, it is perfect.
You will need:
- 1 can of Organic Coconut Cream
- 1/3 cup Organic Maple Syrup
- 1/3 cup Non-Dairy Milk (my non-dairy milk of choice is Rude Health owing to the very limited ingredients list, for this recipe I used their Chocolate Hazelnut)
- 1/3 cup + 1tbsp Cacao Powder
- 2 tbsp Almond or Cashew nut butter
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Pinch of salt
1. Blend all the ingredients together in a high-powered blender (I used the Vitamix)
2. Pour out into an ice-cube tray (this is KEY for blending and achieving the right consistency)
3. Freeze for around 3 hours, that way the ice cubes won't be fully frozen and will blend quite easily without any waiting-to-thaw time. If you freeze for longer or over-night, remove the ice-cubes from the freezer around 15 minutes before blending.
4. Blend on high-power and eat immediately. My go-to toppings are flaked almonds, crushed peanuts or fresh fruit. Enjoy! And Head to the @wholesomehedonita for lots more easy, simple recipes just like this.