Chocolate Chip Cookies (Keto & Low-Carb)
This is a super quick recipe from one of my favourite desert bloggers Chocolate Covered Katie, and the two reasons why I love it so much is that 1) it doesn't require a huge amount of ingredients and gives a good amount of cookies 6-7 tops, not an excessive amount and 2) it's very clean and low-carb and hence pretty guilt free. Disclaimer: mine did not turn out looking like these perfect cookies from Katie's blog, in fact they were quite odd looking. But the taste was absolutely delicious, and the super soft and chewy texture was the stuff cookie dreams are made of.
You will need:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2-4 tbsp chocolate chips (I use a dark chocolate bar and manually chop, which tastes much better than store bought chips)
- 2 tbsp xylitol (or if you are not doing Keto use coconut sugar)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsps coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp milk of choice
1. Mix the almond flour, xylitol (or sugar of choice), salt and baking powder.
2. Add in the coconut oil, vanilla and milk
3. Combine well and fold in the dark chocolate chips
4. Form little balls out of the dough then shape into cookies
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes at 160 degrees (325 F).
Let cool for 10 minutes before serving as these will be extremely delicate and need a good 10 minutes to firm up